Sunday, September 30, 2007

Community

I met someone new today. So new in fact, that she had been born in SL just a mere two hours prior. As with any newborn, she was in a state of confusion and awe about the world around her. The grid is an exasperatingly huge series of ones and zeros, while a resident is but a small percentage of the tiniest fraction in comparison. To be introduced to the world so suddenly, it can be a bit daunting and overwhelming. But it's also something so exciting and new, and I know it kept me coming back for more.
I remember back to when I was first born. To say I was amazed would be an understatement. A completely open-ended new world to be discovered. I've come a long way since then, but I had help along the way. There were a couple who not only helped me, but befriended me and made the initial weeks and adjustment period that much easier. And although this help and friendship is special to me, I found out later that this treatment isn't all that uncommon. I think I would be bold enough to say that the grid is ripe with it--and I feel honoured to share the branches with so many others.

No comments: