Sunday, December 9, 2007

Woah.. hey blog. When did you get here?

Ah, negligence. You are certainly a part of my being. Negligence or priorities? It's your call. One of the good things about blogger is that I know you're never going away. Thank you Google™.

If you haven't stepped outside of your own sim lately, then you might not have noticed that Christmas is around the corner-- even on the grid. In RL, due to the cross-culture nature of our office, we've downgraded the term to Festivus. You say Potato..
I love Christmas. But that's not what the point or the theme of today's foray is about. We'll save that for another time..maybe. If you've visited Mindio at all lately, you'll have noticed that Old Man Winter has visited and blessed two parcels with digital snow. Something that became just a simple, yet co-produced project between two groups of people who wanted to get festive. I know in the past I've commented on the joy that is having neighbours in SL, but recently it has been raised to a new level.
Before my snow/Christmas project with Fuene Nishi and Rio Bunavad, Moriz Penell began work on a bridge and elevator system between our two homes, just above the cloud ceiling and higher. It was during this small little initiative that I first discovered the joy of group projects in my digital life. Many of us have group projects consistently on the go in our jobs, but I've known few who have carried that sort of concept back to their families or friends (save for the odd reno-project). Again, something that seems to have become lost in the generation AFTER the X's. Perhaps I may be on the cusp of Generation Me (I just made that up.. clever, no?).
The next project I'm looking forward to is after Christmas, where my immediate neighbours in Mindio and I will develop and bridge together new tree homes. I've yet to introduce this idea to anyone else close to me, but perhaps we might be able to create a whole community of tree houses.
Communicating ideas, working together and achieving a common goal is a tasty dish in SL, and I look forward to feasting on it in the near future.

BTW-- did I mention I'm an emperor now? Just thought I'd put that out there.

No comments: